Debate all our main site articles here.

TOPIC: The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability

The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability 6 years 4 months ago #2556

• johndcgow
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136

With recent events at Rangers, it can be difficult for many supporters to know what is going on with the club they love. Some former directors and well-known fans claim we are heading for a second administration, while the Board hit back that this is ridiculous scaremongering. Every fan hopes the current Board are correct and such dire predictions are untrue. No-one wants a repeat of the dark days of 2012.

Yet if there was one thing we learned from those harsh months it was for ever more to ensure the club's finances were transparent. It's not too much to ask for any business, never-mind something that we nearly lost through mismanagement. So regardless whether you support this Board, or want them to leave, every Rangers supporter and group should be comfortable asking the Directors these two questions and we urge you to do so:

1. Where specifically did the tens of millions of our money go in the last 18 months?

and

2. When specifically will the audited accounts be released?

In hindsight the lack of financial clarity or audited accounts under Craig Whyte was an obvious sign, yet we lived in hope those who said administration was a near certainty were wrong. Many suggest those days are returning in a similar manner, and it would be crazy not to find out now before it is too late. The Rangers Board should not be angry when supporters want to know where their money is going, much less bring threat of possible legal action.

Whatever your opinion, we are all Rangers fans together and deserve to have financial transparency. Ask away!

Photo used under the creative common licence courtesy of _gee_

Read more...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability 6 years 4 months ago #2557

• Sergio Porrini
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
I think it is very difficult for fans like myself to decide what they think is best for the club when there is so much propaganda and agenda driven information being released - from all sides.

I don't have enough information to decide how I feel about the current board. What I do know is.

1) They have acted in a very unprofessional manner on several occasions

2) They have been extremely unconvincing regarding the financial status of the club

3) They seem to have taken an alarming confrontational stance against fans forums

All of the above is very concerning, but if we remove them from power will McColl and Murray be any better? I don't know enough about them either.

Hopefully the financial accounts will provide some clarity on our financial status - is there a set deadline for when they have to be released?

The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability 6 years 4 months ago #2558

• abp1873
  • Fresh Boarder
Too many out there are pre-judging or alleging this or that has happened without documented proof .

It saddens me that after so many of our real enemies found us guilty on the FTTT and Title stripping issues that Rangers fans are now doing the same internally.

There is a place that the questions can be put and that is the AGM by the end of October and it would have been nice to support the football for the month rather than listen to the anarchists sing there unsubstantiated drivel.

If it is found at the AGM that the board are dodging questions or have squandered funds etc then I will be the first on the barricades protesting but after the FTTT or Nimmo Smith were many found us guilty I will not judge beforehand.

The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability 6 years 4 months ago #2559

• johndcgow
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 136
abp1873 wrote:
Too many out there are pre-judging or alleging this or that has happened without documented proof .

It saddens me that after so many of our real enemies found us guilty on the FTTT and Title stripping issues that Rangers fans are now doing the same internally.

There is a place that the questions can be put and that is the AGM by the end of October and it would have been nice to support the football for the month rather than listen to the anarchists sing there unsubstantiated drivel.

If it is found at the AGM that the board are dodging questions or have squandered funds etc then I will be the first on the barricades protesting but after the FTTT or Nimmo Smith were many found us guilty I will not judge beforehand.

You say you will not make up your mind until you see documented proof. That is what we are asking to see.

No-one should rely on hearsay or goodwill from anyone. Rangers fans, including you, should see documented proof on Rangers' financial health. Why is it wrong to ask to see audited accounts or ask where our millions have been spent?

The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability 6 years 4 months ago #2560

• Alan K
  • Fresh Boarder
abp1873,

Thank you. You've posted just what I intended to post. It is correct to wait for the AGM, though, I strongly suspect both pro-Board and pro-McColl consortium will interpret the release of the information of the accounts to fit their own argument, and sadly, I predict the infighting will continue up to and past Christmas and through to next summer.

At present, I don't have full confidence in the present Board but I definitely haven't taken a shine to Paul Murray and Jim McColl.

The Rangers Board: Accounts and Accountability 6 years 4 months ago #2562

• Night Terror
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 21
Fans finance football clubs. From what I can see, those up the staircase at Ibrox have been making the most of this for quite some time now, and today's accounts could not be clearer in their appeal to fans to keep stumping up the cash whilst claiming things are going perfectly to plan.

Nothing will change if those appeals are met.

If fans want a change at the club, they need to withdraw their custom whilst making it very clear what is required from the club to get that paying custom back.

You've seen it before, quite recently and successfully at other clubs. You know what to do.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds