Debate all our main site articles here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: If They Come From Dublin We Will Follow On

If They Come From Dublin We Will Follow On 8 years 11 months ago #2413

• papat82
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers forever
  • Thank you received: 2
That was a great read. It doesn't bother me one bit what country he comes from or what religion he follows. When he pulls on the jersey I will be supporting him like I support the rest of the players. It seems (once again) like the media in this country trying to create a situation out of nothing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kenny-1

If They Come From Dublin We Will Follow On 8 years 11 months ago #2414

• papat82
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Rangers then, Rangers now, Rangers forever
  • Thank you received: 2
It doesn't bother me at all what religion he follows or what country he is from. Many others I have spoke to feel the same. Like you say it just seems like the media dirt digging in search of their next big story for their failing rags.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Redneck

If They Come From Dublin We Will Follow On 8 years 9 months ago #2472

• Kenny-1
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for such a well composed article. I'm new to the Rangers Standard but with essays like this I will be an ardent reader.

If They Come From Dublin We Will Follow On 8 years 9 months ago #2477

• Redneck
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 31
Papay82

The sadness is that you're correct, the media revel still in trying to pin the "sectarian bigot" rosette firmly on "the Huns" yet they cower like timorous wee beasties from the most glaring example of the perpetuation of apartheid in the country.

Why no sustained campaign to highlight the negative effects of bringing up our children as two distrustful, suspicious tribes? Get rid of state-funded bigotry and you'd have a more harmonious society where your football club would be just that...

I guess rather than take on all those powerful, vested interests, easier to just blame RFC for all the perceived ills: so pathetically contrived, they clearly think us idiots.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds